Saturday, April 21, 2012

Last Look at 2011

So, before I tell you what fun I had at the latter part of December. Let's look back and see what I've done in 2011:

Here are the 11 things for 2011:
  1. More Travel - Well, I've visited the beach a lot through out the year. So I guess I can cross this out.
  2. Freedom! - I definitely showed her I don't live in fear anymore. Thing is I still need to convince 3 others.
  3. MechaPinay - Finished a gundam
  4. Marathoner - Is there a double strike through for this one. [Let me see Voyager, Big Bang Theory, Leverage, Chuck, Game of Thrones...] 
  5. Net Life - Best friend acquired
  6. Photography - Dimitri definitely helped me a lot. 
  7. Made Up - Slowly learning more techniques.
  8. Bookworm - Building my library is something I can still work on in 2012, but of course I've been reading a lot. 
  9. Cos Play - Didn't do as much but came out with this and this. So definitely needs more work. 
  10. Three Times the Charm - We had a rough year but I'm glad we got to three.
  11. Movie Year - More like super hero year.  
That list doesn't look too bad. 8/11. Definitely burned major cash over the year. So here's how I capped off 2011:
  • CVG Christmas Parties. And lots of them. I can't really post a lot of pictures cause I fear company policy will come chasing after me but oh boy I was not expecting to attend 4 Christmas Parties for just one company. I have spent so much on clothes for just these parties. Oh but they were definitely good productions and lots of fun. Here are a few choice photos:

  • Dream Team Christmas Dinner. The night we had this dinner Arckham had left the Philippines and had gone to Bahrain for the holidays. [His parents are there so, for this year we spent the holidays separately. It was definitely not easy for me.] The good thing is that I have a lot of awesome friends who made sure that I would be taken cared of this season. Of course, one of which is my colleagues from my previous company [who now generally work in various companies and industries which keeps things interesting for all of us]. I definitely had a great time with them. Awesome people right here:

  • Bookclub Christmas Tradition. Given the season, I definitely made it to Baguio. [Though only for a short while.] First on the agenda would be to see my siblings from other parents. :P It is in this group that I have felt unconditional love. So every year we get together to bless each other through small gifts. Friendship can not be truer than this:

Giving and Receiving gifts.
  • Reconnecting with Family. Though as short as it was, I was definitely happy to see my siblings. It was also a nice surprise that there are people that don't care about my past and don't judge as bad as others I know. It was very nice to see E, my long lost twin. Rekindling an old connection is definitely interesting. Major hanging out with the father's side which is awesome since I am getting to know them so much better. Yay, family!
No matter what we are siblings. 
Long time no see. 

  • Meeting New Family. It was my inaanaks' binyag [Godchildren's Christening] on Christmas Day. So I hightailed it back to Manila just in time to play photographer and Ninang [God parent] to one of my best friend's twin girls. I am super excited since they are my first godchildren. I also learned the true meaning of what it is to be a God parent. [I unlearned my old paradigm of what it meant.] Hurrah to new learning:


I guess I ended things on a high note. Yes, moving forward posts may be photo heavy. I decided to not slack off with the photography.

Let me just add an interesting side note: I spent the entire bus ride from Baguio to Manila with an old friend's boyfriend. Small world. 

0 comments: