So as the month of January rolled in, I was still very much stuck in 2011. Arckham not being here for 2 important holidays was really bugging me. I was as I called it "fighting the lonely".
[I've tried the LDR thing. It's not for me.] It also didn't help that things at work were not as smooth as they should be since we were also transitioning into the year.
Anyway, I think my month really started when January 12 hit. Since that's around the time that Arckham and his siblings finally came home. Let me just say that hugs then were way to precious. I also loved that they had these for me:
 |
| Apparently my love for earrings has been noted |
Since, Arckham was back. I planned a getaway trip for us. It started out as a group thing then it ended up as just me and him
[which was pretty much fine by me.] We headed to La Union because I also wanted him to meet the friends I had there. I also wanted to surf and since Jano was coming along he could take pictures. My 55-200mm was really put to good use.
 |
| Look at us looking more relaxed on the second picture :P |
 |
| Arck bonded with Dimitri. Two shots on the right are mine though. |
 |
| Awesome people I know in San Juan |
 |
| With my mentor, Honeywell. |
So of course, besides drinking by the beach and surfing. Eating well was on the agenda. Choot came along to sample the food:
 |
| Midway |
So, first stop was Midway. It was a diner and it had Wifi which immediately gave it plus points. The menu consisted of sizzling and grilled dishes. I got gambas and Arck had pork chop. I like the ambiance well enough. It reminded me of 50's Diner in Baguio but this was made more of steel than vintage. Food was roughly PHP 100-250 per person including drinks which was not so bad.
 |
| Taipan Garden Restaurant |
Just before we left for Manila, we decided to eat in the city. The last time I was in Taipan, I was craving the Schezuan Crab
[which apparently does not exist]. Anyway, I was still craving crab so I had one in the form of sotanghon crab and Arck had the Chopsuey. Taipan is a bit pricey (PHP 250-500 per person) but they've improved a lot as opposed to the last time I was there. The space is bigger, though servers are still just as inattentive
[AFI, guys].
Anyway, other meals provided by friends there as well as by SeaNymph. Our stay was relaxing and just as nummy. :P
Side note: This was also the month were I became the lead POC of one of our accounts in my present company. I also got regularized just this month so it's quite an accomplishment. Yay!
0 comments:
Post a Comment