Thursday, April 26, 2012

Holy Week Staycation = Instagr.am

So I can't seem to fall asleep. Though when I told myself last night that I'd take a nap, I slept until the next day. Yes, my body clock is screwing me over.

Anyway, I'd like to explain the title. Holy Week is an awaited part of the year for every Filipino [whether you're a catholic or not]. Mainly due to the fact that you're given nearly a week off from work/school. It's traditional for families to journey and spend this time together, giving thanks or just basically having a short vacation. Everyone seems too be on the road back to the province or to some getaway touristy location. 

Well, everyone except me and a couple of people I know. I do not choose to travel during this time, cause I don't like crowds. [One of my biggest pet peeves when travelling is the noisy call center agent group that won't let other people sleep as they loudly flaunt some of the English that they have. This is usually a group of girls trying to get the attention of some foreigner in the same vehicle and....*forcefully ends rant*] I am the type of traveler that likes getting lost and being immersed in my destination. So, off peak travelling is more of my thing. Oh another thing is that since everyone is travelling, everything is booked, there's traffic everywhere and everything is a hassle. So during this time I stay in and have myself a staycation (stay-in vacation). 

During this year's Holy Week Staycation, I was able to do the following things: 

1. Teach! Chemistry moreover. Since, I had no work to attend to and my former student needed help with some homework and her regular tutor was out. I was more than happy to take the job. As weird as it is, I loved the 6 hours we spent researching and answering Chemistry problems [I hate Chemistry btw.]. I also loved the chance to catch up. She's definitely grown but I'm really glad she's a happy kiddo now. Let me just say that I miss being a student[and a tutor]!

Me And Brina
2. Midnight Coffee Bonding. One night, Arck and I got stuck in a deserted Eastwood City. Good thing Aya was there too so we had a nice midnight gab session. I like Manila when it's quiet. Arck and I hung out a lot over the weekend. Since, we had opposite work hours we haven't spent as much time together. So here's a snippet of what we did: 

 

When you find someone that doesn't mind your weirdness and you guys can be weird together then there's definitely some love there.

3. Ninang Bonding. I also got to visit my best friend, Mai, and her twins. We had a lot of catching up to do and I missed her little girls. I wanted to get her some Gong Cha before I got to their place but the establishment was out for the entire weekend. I ended up bringing pizza instead. 

Me and Leigh
4. Hacking: An Old Habit. As a child I liked tinkering with things. Sooner or later this tinkering moved into the nitty-gritty workings of computers and electronics. I have never tried hacking a phone before but once I heard that Instagr.am was released in Google Play, I had to have it. So I read around and initially bricked my phone but I was able to fix it and upgrade it to a compatible Android version. So the pictures below are ones I've taken with Instagr.am of our Holy Weekend:

   

 

And I've been active ever since. As much as I want to bring my DSLR everyday, it's not really allowed at work. I appreciate Instagr.am cause I finally found an avenue for my everyday mundane documentations. It's turned into a look book of what I'm wearing, what I find funny, what I'm reading and an avenue for me to practice my photography in terms of composition. So if you guys are interested, you can follow me on Instagr.am. I am @xylith. Here are some other pics from my mesh of material there. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My current read.
Not too bad with the post processing effects that Instagr.am has already incorporated but I use another app for post processing on my phone. That's Photoshop Express and Photoshake if you guys are wondering. 

So I'm going to crawl back into bed and try to fall asleep again. Wish me luck.  

0 comments: