I've been feeling a bit guilty about taking more photos using my phone than with Dimitri. So let me share our last big adventure: Cagayan de Oro, the City of Golden Friendship
Last month, I was sent to Cagayan de Oro on a four day business trip. Though, I really didn't get a chance to go around, it's a new place and I made sure I took lots of pictures. After all, I was seeing this place for the first time. [Majority of the time, we were tasting it. :P]
CDO is in Mindanao and this is the furthest south that I've been in my country. It was definitely something.
Day 0.5:
We got there via Philippine Airlines and checked in at The Mallberry Suites. So this day was short, we got lost looking for dinner and it just didn't end on a high note. Though the hotel was pretty okay. The room was clean and so was the restroom. Hot and cold water in the shower and a stocked personal fridge. Though I think they need to upgrade their air-conditioning units, it took quite a long time for our room to cool down. Hence, we decided to keep the unit running for the remainder of our stay just to maintain the temperature we wanted. Breakfast buffet for the four day stay was the same selection. In the least, I fell in love with their scrambled eggs.
Day 1:
It was the first day of work in CDO, so at the end of the day we needed to have a meeting and strategize our the rest of our stay. We had that meeting in Big Flat Bread. It's an awesome pizza place close to the hotel. We had 30 inch pizza with two of their best selling flavors and all the pasta on the menu. Perfect joint to check out. It's not too pricey at around Php 300-450 a person including drinks.
Since I hadn't had my coffee for the entire day, Paul, Jhe and I capped the night off with a frappes from Starbucks CDO. Let me just say they get plus points for the free internet.
Day 2:
We finally got the rhythm going at work and we didn't feel as tired at the end of the day. Since, there was a night market near Xavier University we decided to check it out. Though, that was after dinner at Butcher's Best Barbeque which is know for it's awesome and affordable meat. :P Let me just say that I personally thing I was experiencing a spike in my blood pressure but the food was just so good. It's a definite must visit and plus is that the place has awesome value for money. I think you're safe with just Php 200 per person including drinks.
The night market we visited only runs on Fridays and they don't stay out very late as well. This is one treasure cove. I was able to find an awesome pair of pumps, a skirt and shades for just Php 500.00. We capped the night off at the hotel's bar with a bottle each. [Just a bottle cause we were all sleepy already.]
Day 3:
So on our last day, we had an awesome dinner at Bigby's where the food was just divine. I definitely also loved the atmosphere of the place. There were a lot of knick knacks and awesome design elements. My favorite was the ceiling installations. The food was definitely worth the Php 400-500 each we probably forked over. Then we headed to Missy Bon Bon for pasalubong shopping. Pastel is apparently the local pastry of choice. I like their gellatos though especially the mint chocolate one.
Since none of us had work the next day, we went drinking. :P
Day 3.5:
So, Paul, my roomie, and I decided to shop til we drop and make the most of our last day in CDO while we waited for our flight. We hung out at the Park Cafe waiting for The Sweet Shop to open cause I wanted to bring home Cookie Monster cookies.
After which, it was a pleasant flight home with my turn to seat on the window side. It was raining when we left. I think CDO was sad we were going.
This place is definitely on my to visit again list. I know there are a lot more things to discover than just great places to eat. 'Til next time CDO.
Before I leave you guys, I capped the night off at Eastwood for dinner with my housemates and unpacking. :P
Dimitri, let's go on another adventure soon.
Last month, I was sent to Cagayan de Oro on a four day business trip. Though, I really didn't get a chance to go around, it's a new place and I made sure I took lots of pictures. After all, I was seeing this place for the first time. [Majority of the time, we were tasting it. :P]
CDO is in Mindanao and this is the furthest south that I've been in my country. It was definitely something.
Day 0.5:
![]() |
| Our suite |
Day 1:
It was the first day of work in CDO, so at the end of the day we needed to have a meeting and strategize our the rest of our stay. We had that meeting in Big Flat Bread. It's an awesome pizza place close to the hotel. We had 30 inch pizza with two of their best selling flavors and all the pasta on the menu. Perfect joint to check out. It's not too pricey at around Php 300-450 a person including drinks.
Since I hadn't had my coffee for the entire day, Paul, Jhe and I capped the night off with a frappes from Starbucks CDO. Let me just say they get plus points for the free internet.
![]() |
| Paul's Awesome Mix |
Day 2:
We finally got the rhythm going at work and we didn't feel as tired at the end of the day. Since, there was a night market near Xavier University we decided to check it out. Though, that was after dinner at Butcher's Best Barbeque which is know for it's awesome and affordable meat. :P Let me just say that I personally thing I was experiencing a spike in my blood pressure but the food was just so good. It's a definite must visit and plus is that the place has awesome value for money. I think you're safe with just Php 200 per person including drinks.
The night market we visited only runs on Fridays and they don't stay out very late as well. This is one treasure cove. I was able to find an awesome pair of pumps, a skirt and shades for just Php 500.00. We capped the night off at the hotel's bar with a bottle each. [Just a bottle cause we were all sleepy already.]
![]() |
| Loot |
So on our last day, we had an awesome dinner at Bigby's where the food was just divine. I definitely also loved the atmosphere of the place. There were a lot of knick knacks and awesome design elements. My favorite was the ceiling installations. The food was definitely worth the Php 400-500 each we probably forked over. Then we headed to Missy Bon Bon for pasalubong shopping. Pastel is apparently the local pastry of choice. I like their gellatos though especially the mint chocolate one.
Since none of us had work the next day, we went drinking. :P
Day 3.5:
![]() |
| Color coded get ups with my roomie :D |
After which, it was a pleasant flight home with my turn to seat on the window side. It was raining when we left. I think CDO was sad we were going.
![]() |
| Did some major cloud shooting |
This place is definitely on my to visit again list. I know there are a lot more things to discover than just great places to eat. 'Til next time CDO.
![]() |
| My loot. |
![]() |
| Missed these peeps. Happy Birthday, K'ya! |




















0 comments:
Post a Comment