Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Of 2010 and For 2011

Well, in about 15 minutes, it would be Feb 1. I've taken the entire month of January 2011 to look back at 2010 and look forward to 2011.

So here are a 10 notable things of 2010:
  1. Career Growth
    • This isn't merely because I got more responsibilities at work but also the growth in my skills and the feeling of accomplishing something. That something being worth while and meaningful. There are a lot of people whose lives might have changed due to getting a job, I'm glad I played a part in that. In the least, I know where all my OT, blood, sweat and tears had gone too. Hopefully next year, I'd be able to do things better and treat myself better as well.
  2. Travel
    • Well, this is discounting the Baguio trips which is something I've been doing since college. I was able to fulfill this To Do around December. I would like to extend my thanks to E who was kind enough to be our tour guide and host. This mountain girl loves the beach!
  3. 2nd Year
    • Of course, despite the turbulent 2nd year we've had. We're still here and stronger than ever!
  4. Cosplay
    • This I have to admit is fun. I think I got the push and encouragement I needed courtesy of my mentor in Cosplay, K. Teh, salamas!
  5. Gadgets
    • Corby Pro, though you are not an Andriod, I absolutely love you, my every ready companion.
  6. Hunger Games
    • This is definitely my Book series of the year. Despite my excruciatingly busy schedule, I finished this series in 2 weeks. I hope the rumored movie won't disappoint. I STRONGLY suggest you read this trilogy.
  7. More of Moore 
    • And Christopher Moore is my author of the year. Thanks, for making me laugh when I needed it the most.
  8. Beautiful Script
    • Thanks to R for bringing them on top of my music pile again. This still is a favorite of mine: 
  9. Standing Up
    • Well, this was the year where I finally stood up for myself. Despite fear, oppression and pain, I was able to stand up for me and for those precious to me. Thank you Papa God, for helping me up.
  10. Far Apart but Closer Together
    • Despite the pain we are subject to, we are closer than ever. We are working our way to happy.
Here are the 11 things for 2011:

  1. More Travel - I want to see the world, well, perhaps just the Philippines for this year, but why not the world? 
  2. Freedom! - I want to show them that we can live free of fear.
  3. MechaPinay - Yes, I will finish that Gundam. Oh and I will get Nobel.
  4. Marathoner - I've started with Star Trek: Voyager and will continue my marathons until I've caught on with the world both Comedic and Animated. 
  5. Net Life - If last year, it was Corby my constant companion. This year, I'm aiming for a new best friend. 
  6. Photography - By end of year, new shots, new colors and new perspectives will come your way.
  7. Made Up - Made up with Make Up. Walking a little bit more into the girl side of life.
  8. Bookworm - Returning to an old love of mine. It's about time to start slowly but surely building up my library again.
  9. Cos Play - More that just costumes this year. Major projects are: Eva, Genesis, Pegasus, Shooter and 23rd [Yes, code names for now.]. Minor projects will be announced throughout the year.
  10. Three Times the Charm - I'm counting on 3 this year.
  11. Movie Year - With all the movies lined yup for 2012, I can not NOT go see them.
If 2010 was great,
2011 is going to be AWESOME!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving that optimism! XD I enjoyed the Hunger Games tremendously as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Hollywood doesn't ruin it!

Christopher Moore - that good? Which book do you recommend?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment!

Well, for starters I think Moore's Dirty Job would be just right for new readers. If you get Shakespeare, you might like Fool. Best read from him so far is Lamb.

My finger's are long crossed. I don't want it to turn into the next Twilight movie saga.