Monday, April 12, 2010

Emotional Blogging vs. Inspiration

I actually used to be a very emotional blogger and by emotional I mean every spark of anger, moment of hate or instance of irritation I have. I share it with the world as soon as I can blog about it. Well, not only the bad things but the good emotions too: happiness, giddiness and excitement. One person actually told me that I am no emotional genius. [I tend to agree with this still, but I am learning.]

In this blog, I'm not trying to be that anymore. I started this blog to help me look at the silver linings without necessarily neglecting the black clouds they hide behind. I started this blog because I wanted to start caring and start controlling my emotions. This blog helps me to aim higher and not sink lower. This blog gives me hope. [Warfreak still? A little bit.] 

So, what I do now is write down all the things I can think of blogging when a bit of emotion or inspiration comes along. I have a small notepad for that. Then I give it a day or so then look at that list again. I cross out what I don't feel strongly about anymore and pursue those items that still stick.

This is also the way I differentiate between flighty emotions and inspiration. I find that flighty emotions don't last and that inspiration does. The day I keep away from the list gives me time to think things over. Reflect on the emotions I'm feeling. After all, words said in anger are still words.

I think this is a more mature me. No longer a flighty teenager or a stressed college student.

I'm growing up.

0 comments: