*Taking a break from the Tumblr updates.*
In the materialistic world we live in the answer to this blog's title would probably be: Love Things and Use People. [Yeap, no change in the arrangement cause everyone would be to busy running after things to even bother thinking about this.]
Let's start with loving things.[C'mon, don't tell me you don't love a certain object at this very moment?] Most of use probably couldn't live without, in the least, a cellphone. Yes, we probably will tell people it's a necessity and that we don't love it. A fact of life. Then again, when it drops to the ground someone is at fault. Your anger flares! If anger towards the person is the first thing you feel, you most likely love that thing.
What about sentimentality? Well, I think sentimentality is well and good, as long as you don't loose sight that it is still an object. After all wouldn't you rather have a relationship to whoever that object is associated with than keeping that object forever? [I would.]
Now onto using people. This is rampant in today's society. Especially in this capitalistic world, the work force is just a pool of people to be used. Honestly, out of all the bad things I find present in society's everyday routine, using people is what I find most hurtful. The simple thing of your friend being a friend only in time of prosperity, partying and good times. If they fall into bad times, you don't even bother to lend a hand. *tsk tsk*
Admittedly, I know how it is to feel used. I worked and gave a lot of effort when I didn't want to do evil bidding, they hired someone who will. Well, I don't like being used. [Leaving was the best decision I could have made and I did.] Then there are the insecure doormats who are more than happy to be used just to be paid and chase after the things they love.
The right answer: Love People and Use Things.
If we love people more than things, we find that no matter what state we're in we have friends who will be there. If we use things for the progress and improvement of both relationships and society, we could go far in life.
I'll keep practicing this. I'll keep loving people and using things.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment