Sunday, July 25, 2010

Commuter's Thoughts 2: The 1990's

Right about a week ago, I was on a cab on my way to church. The rain was pouring lots and traffic was horrible. The ever reliable Manong Driver turned on his radio. And guess what hit me?
How am I supposed to leave you now
When you're looking like that?
I can't believe what I just gave away
Now I can't take it back
I don't wanna get lost
I don't wanna live my life without you
How am I supposed to leave you now
When you're looking like that?
Yes, besides the fact that it was a pop song [which I am not very fond of] , that song was playing on a Sunday! *le gasp* 


I grew up with the impression that Sunday radio would cater to the older groups' tastes. Stuff from the 70's and 80's would be playing on Sundays, so I don't listen to the radio on Sundays when I much younger [And besides, the radio thought my favorite genre wasn't airtime worthy]. At the moment as the song finished on the taxi's radio, I realized, the only time I will be able to actually recognize majority of the songs being played will be on Sundays.

Quoting Kuya:
"There is a thing as the 90's now."
Ah yes, I am old. So to all the kiddies out there and my generation, a little something from the 90's:






Yes, this was two decades ago.

Enjoy your Sunday radio.

0 comments: