So Basyang was quite a fright! I literally couldn't sleep despite having my MP3 player in my ears. The winds and the sheets of pouring rain kept me up. [They were trying to knock our wall down, I swear.] If there's one thing I am not yet prepared to handle, it is a Ondoy/Pepeng-like catastrophe.
As with Manila weather, it tends to scare you at night then the next morning, it's all sunshine. Oh well, at least we were allowed to dress down in the office.
There is one good thing that made very happy with this recent storm: My travel time went back to normal!
You see, lately, there have been an increase in deployment of traffic enforcers in my route to work. I already leave my place an hour and a half early and what annoys me is that I still cut it close to being late. I know they're just doing their jobs but the time intervals between the waits on each traffic enforcer would have an estimated total time of 30 mins. I don't think they're helping ease traffic at all. If at all I think they're creating the traffic. [I don't like being late for work, especially if I've exerted all effort to get there early.]
So to all the traffic enforcers out there: please do either 1) a better job at coordinating among yourselves, or 2) just assist motorist when needed. I think the reason why people would have a license to drive is because they would be able to assess the situation on the road and respond accordingly. [At least, that's how I am.] Nevertheless, it's rush hour, people tend to move faster and make better decisions if it's for their good and usually that works for everyone. I prefer you to be there when it doesn't work.
The only reason I really see why we have traffic is that the traffic lights, as compared to the traffic enforcers, are more coordinated than the enforcers are, hence, traffic lights are better at managing the car inflow.
So to Basyang, despite your tantrum during the evening, I do thank you for giving me a good morning. I hope next time you let me have a decent night's sleep too. XD
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment