Yay, I was able to catch my first play in a really long time awhile ago. It felt so good to be back in a theater with Actors and Actresses on stage.
I caught The 39 Steps at the Greenbelt Mall 1. It was presented by Repertory Philippines. Kudos to the cast of four that played 150 characters. I loved the audience interaction as well. *applause*
I love the theater. I like thinking I grew up with it. Starting elementary where I played minor parts and watched plays produced by Brent Baguio until High School where I had a chance to write a script, direct it and play one of the lead characters just before I graduated. [No, we were not short handed, I was just really immersed in this project. It was my script after all.] Though, primarily, I really am more of a backstage person. Script writer or Director has always been my chair. I know the chaos that goes on in the backstage to come up with a good performance.
My friend, K, really wants to make her way to the stage one day. She'll soon start with lessons and I am so excited for her. I hope everything goes well. My brother recently also sat on the director's chair for Protocol. This is a big step for him, since my brother rarely asserts himself but now I'm really proud of the hard work and dedication that he had for this project. [Thanks, W, for helping my bro with the soldier foot count.]
As for me, I think my role is in the audience now. As much as I miss the back stage work, the pre-opening night work and the medium, I know my place it's not on or back stage. It's right in Lower Orchestra Center. [If they'd allow me, it's with a DSLR too. No flashes promise. I'm good without flash anyhow. *wink*]
Rep Phil is coming up with Peter Pan and since Arckham hasn't seen this yet, I think we'll catch it. Come with?
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment