Monday, March 29, 2010

This is Real

After not seeing each other for nearly three months. We finally got a chance to see each other.

I was down in the Metro to do school stuff and fix up my BIR/TIN forms. I hitched a ride getting there with my parents and sister. My mom, sis and I attended her JGSOM Ateneo thing in the morning. [Yes, I was evil and wore my UPD jacket the entire time. What? I don't bleed blue.] Then they left for Baguio in the afternoon.

I exited reality for awhile.

I hanged out at his place, got to see his siblings. We had a GunPla session. [GunPla is what he's into right now. It's Gundam model kit building.] We sanded, painted and panel lined a Gundam. [Not sure which Gundam, he has a ton of them] This may sound boring to you but this used to be a normal day for us. Geeking is something we use to regularly do before I got pulled back to Baguio. Now, we both appreciate this things more cause now thier special. The fact that we share the same space in this moment, doing our own thing is what makes our relationship distinct.

Anyway, when night time fell. We went to see some friends [yes drinks were involved] and I got to meet some of his officemates. I find it important to be part of the many worlds he has. The same way he is so ingrained into mine.

The next day, we hanged around my Alma Mater. Then did the grown up stuff I was suppose to do. Then headed to Greenhills to get me my first GundPla kit. Its a GN Archer HG 1/144. [Nosebleed? I used to have that now I know what those figures mean.]

I brought him to work and then got on the bus back to my [rather harsh] reality.

Something about being in a long distance relationship is that when you both are apart for so long, it doesn't feel like your relationship is real. Yes, proximity is important and that's what you learn to treasure when you are apart. So keeping communication lines open and being in tuned as much as you can even if you both are separated by distance still would not be enough at times. It will feel like it's not real. These short moments together feeling like stealing memories.

Our short time together felt like a dream, like time was way too fast and that time isn't enough. Though, I know and will always know that this is real.

That it is still real.

0 comments: