Monday, March 29, 2010

Navi 2010

I'm a planner person. I developed the habit of using a planner and planning things when I got into my second year in college. Mainly because I had to adjust to the demands [and volmunous amount of free time] college had to offer. I was no longer a freshman and it was my first year of practically living on my own. It was what kept me steady and kept me responsible to myself and for myself.

I was always the journaling type. The planner love just evolved since it made it more practical and easier to take note of what will happen and what happened in a day. It also helps that my Chicas [college barkada] are planner people too. We go as far as having planner sessions. It's near therapeutic for us.

Planners have become very important to me that when December of the current year I haven't purchased a planner for the coming year yet, I go into panic. [Laugh if you will, but it's true.] Yes, I also do not purchase just any planner it has to be by fate. Something that jumps from the book racks and into my conscience.

This year, my buddy of the year is the Navi 2010 planner.



The features that makes it a great buy:

  • It's inspired by travel;
  • It concentrates on goal setting; 
  • It has great pictures and excerpts inserted; 
  • It has an expense tracker; [This is important to me since I'm also a budget freak. I want to know where my money goes.]
  • It has enough unlined surfaces to write on; 
  • Not to be undone it also has coupons;
  • It's only Php 510.00! [Though when buying a planner, price is no object to me.]


It won me over with this:
"Your life is your ship and we want to help you navigate it by reminding you to take stock of the present and by inspiring you to keep moving forward."
It's by Viviamo! Inc [Viviamo traslates to We live!] which is also the company responsible for the Belle De Jour planners. [Which I never am interested in since they're over girly. *Shiver*] It also donates to Mio. You can also learn a lot more about it from lifenavijournal.com.

2009 was definitely not the best year of my life and I want to shape my 2010. I start with planning it then moving towards what I write and what I envision.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Xylith! :) What a well-written and honest blog, thank you so much for this post :)

I can relate to you, because I myself am a planning freak, and I was formerly a planner by profession. In college, my friends and i were planner freaks as well, and yes you're not the only one who has planner sessions--we would get together or allot some time to "fix our lives", as life in UP could get a little toxic but most of the time fun :)

P.S. My name is Em, and I'm part of the team that created NAVI :) If you have any inputs/ideas for next year's edition, feel free to get in touch :) emsomera.BDJ@gmail.com :)

Thanks again!