Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cold Air, Comforting Words, Great Photography

So my trip to Baguio was not all that bad. What I love about the place are the really warm and cool people I know. [:P Words are so fun.] I have great friends that just absolutely know how to cheer me up. I love you guys for knowing how to push my buttons. :P

So here's the rest of my trip...

Dinner with The Book Club. This is basically my high school group of friends. I absolutely love these people since they are the ones who are there for me no matter what crazy thing I do. There were only four of us present for that dinner: Lor, Kaye and Jake. [I miss you Pip, Meg and Cha] Being with this group of people probably would be the best place for great-slash-crazy conversation. We have our own twisted logic.


I also love them since they know where in Baguio to get the best food with awesome value for money. Let me just say that I was not able to get a picture of my dinner cause I ate it up so fast. Then we had dessert which is totally a given when we get together.



Thanks for dessert, Jake. Thanks for also allowing me to take numerous pics of you guys.

Midnight Coffee at Ionic. Midnight Snack at Good Taste. If there is one thing Baguio has to offer is the great secret cafes and places with awesome food. Ionic recently got renovated. Gone are the ancient table clothes with cigarette burns [sadly, the mafia feel is gone as well] but same great coffee. I was there for awhile and had some me time before June joined me.


Kris, one of my dearest friends, informed me that he was coming up to Baguio. So, June and I waited in Ionic for him. I met Tyler that night as well. Once everyone was properly [and improperly? :P] introduced. We headed to Good Taste for their scrumptious buttered chicken. [Again, no picture of the food since we were really hungry.]

June had to go. Then Kris, Tyler and I decided to wait for dawn at his place.


Exploring the 50's, Casa and the Clouds. After dawn, I headed home and crashed for a few hours before I started hunting down lunch. Since Tyler hasn't been to 50's Diner that's where I met up with them for lunch. Tyler got quite a surprise with how generous a serving his lunch was.



After which we walked to Casa Vallejo, it's an old hotel that burned down a long time ago. It was recently refurbished and re opened. It now houses a classy restaurant and a hotel as well as the most awesome bookshop, Mt. Cloud.



Awesome DoppleSiblings. While at Mt. Cloud, I met up with two of the most amazing people I know. They are both rather well known artists online and I am so happy to be able to call them my friends. They got to play around with Dimitri and I think I might just be able to pull them into photography. :P [I can't wait to see them again on the 23rd of December]



After taking lots of pictures in Mt. Cloud, we headed to Picarre in SM to sit and chat. And another pair of really awesome CG artists [and my childhood friends] joined us. We played a couple of rounds of guessing details about each others lives. After which, they started sharing their work with each other and I just took pictures. [I cannot draw or contribute to a discussing of drawing to save my life.]



So, let's just say that despite the dismal reason that I had gone home. My friends made sure I left with a smile. I love you guys. :D

0 comments: