This is me at midnight:
Yeap, start of my 22nd year on earth was on the job. Oh well, I wanted everything I needed to be done finished before I left to have my one day of rest. [Sadly, no I was not able to finish everything but I made a dent on the things I needed to do in the least]
Yes, it's been quite a long time since I blogged. I got way too busy. Oh well, at least it's work and it's earning me a living and keeping me alive.
I spent the rest of the day in bed and had some one on one time with myself. I had my nails done and went to the mall to window shop for Christmas presents [I always made sure that I start to budget my Christmas spending right after my birthday.]
Though that Christmas post will be for some other time.
Anyway, since I turned 22. I wanted to share with you how much my life has changed over the last year by sharing 22 things that I am thankful I have now.
Let's do this...
22. Corby Pro - Mainly because this is my new buddy. It's my hard earned reward for all the things I've been doing. Though, as my dad taught me this is a tool for me to be better and get somewhere, not necessarily something to flash around. [Still, it's nice that it's pretty.]
21. Wendy's - Since, it's not Mcdo *laughs*. It's my birthday meal today.
20. CDR King - for all the cheap [technical] life support they give me. I mean I can't help it but this store has made things bearable-slash-affordable for me. From the music pumping into my system that keeps me alive during my long commute up until the screen protector I just bought.
19. Sky Broadband - enough said. [3 mbps.. nummy]
18. Full night's sleep - because it's been a very rare occurrence lately.
17. Opportunities - because without any of those opportunities I would not have experience numbers 19-22. I think it's good that I learned to grab opportunities [with calculated risks of course] and make the best out of them. [I think I owe this to my upbringing but more to the environment I grew up in.]
16. Perseverance - because without this, I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't be happy if I didn't see this until the end. From the very low points in my 21st year to the skyrocketing improvement now that I'm 22, this is all because I persevered.
15. Principles - that I have due to it that if I didn't stand by what I believe in I would still probably be stuck in a place where I was itching to get out of. I am thankful for principles has been instilled in me for it keeps me grounded.
14. Hope - because I was so close to losing it but it's still here. I continue to hope.
13. Health - because with the lack of number 18, the mere fact that I'm not yet dead is a sheer miracle. [Of course, I'm exaggerating...I think] Nevertheless, I am thankful for my health that I am still well and that I would continue to be.
12. Employment - because it's something that not everyone would have. I'm happy in my current company because despite the long work hours at least all of it is compensated both by triumphs and finances. I'm glad I'm employed and am with a great company.
11. Promotion - not necessarily due to the compensation but more of the recognition that you performed well and are worthy of that recognition by your peers and superiors. It's like graduation all over again.
10. CompetiTEAM - because they are such great people! I enjoy work because they are there. I am glad that they've got my back and I've got theirs. I could have not asked for a better team.
Though this is not only for my core team but for the people that we work with and I've gotten to know. I admire you all for your great work ethic and for the patience you've shown me as I improve myself and learn the skills necessary to become an asset in this company. Moreover for bearing with me as I keep asking questions. XD
9. Noreen and Mai - because no matter how much time passes these two understand me to the core. [I miss you both!]
8. Bookclub - they have been there through the confusion of puberty. The pains of growing up and of course the support in the real world. They have accepted me for all the craziness and weirdness in me. For giving me the best conversations and real love. [I will see you guys in December?]
7. Chicas - cause no matter how diverse we are, we most definitely are made to be friends. From the stress of college to the stress of the real world, I wouldn't have been where I am now if not for my chicas.
Then and Now
6. Pointy Points - because they have been such a blessing to me. Putting up with me and opening their doors to me. Gian to all points: you do not know how grateful I am for all that you've done. [I promise to do chores on my next off XD]
5. Dad - because for his commitment to be a dad to us, no matter how hard the situation is. For being my confidant and best friend and my Father. Faja, I love you.
4. Siblings - because no matter what, we stick together. I maybe far away but I am affected. I am doing everything I am doing right now for things to get better. My soulmates since birth, I want you guys to know I love you and that I promise to do the best that I can to make things better.
with our best buds since diapers XD
3. Love - because without this, I would probably be a very bitter, angry and hostile person. I would never know what it is to have someone stand beside you until you came into my life and really just stood by me through all the hell that has been raised against us. As I've always said, real love and real food what more can I ask for? [Thanks for cooking and waking me up XD]
2. Courage - because without that first step I would have never ever have started walking on my own.
1. God - for guiding me and watching over me and just being there. I don't think I would even be writing this if He didn't allow it so. For all the wisely unanswered prayers, thanks Big G.
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, would be 22. Good night!







372.jpg)




0 comments:
Post a Comment