Day 1: Catching up!
I pretty much just cleaned the house while waiting for A. to get to Baguio. She left Manila at around 10 in the morning and got here about 5 in the afternoon. I fetched her at the bus station then we headed home so that she could put her stuff down. She got dressed and we met up with A. and P. at SM for dinner at Volante where P. [A.'s ex boyfriend's friend that became our friend] met up with us.
After pizza, pasta and catching up over dinner, we headed to Citylights for drinks. This is where P. showed us a couple of magic tricks using a deck of cards. We talked about life, love and randomness which always is good with Gilbey's Premium. A. and I headed home then promptly fell asleep.
Day 2: Tourista Mode
I became the official tour guide. Since it's A. and P.'s first time here, we showed them around. We hit Burnham Park first cause it was the closest to the city center where we met up as they did a little ukay ukay shopping. Then lunch at 50's Diner. [I really love their shakes!] After which we took a cab to Minesview view deck and had A. ride a horse for picture taking sake. A short jeep ride to Mansion House and then a walk to Wright Park. [Ah yes the sights and smells of Baguio :)) ]
Then P., who was with family earlier, caught up with us. He and A. went to John Hay while me, A. and P. went to Oh My Gulay [I bumped into Kuya D. and Ate J! Real hugs!] and let them take pictures just before heading to church. After church, we were all treated to dinner at O'mai Khan by my mother who just turned 60 that day. P. was my birthday gift to her. I made him perform his magic.
After dinner, my family headed home and we headed to Nevada for drinks again. A., P. and I went home really late. A and P. sufficiently drunk, I was a good girl and only had two.
Day 3: Packing Away
We had lunch at Oh My Gulay and they did a little shopping. After which I brought them to the bus stop and they were on their way.
I miss them already! Though, I really did tell them this trip they made was really a gift to me as much as it was a gift to them. I hope A. moves on from her past and more power to A and P's relationship. It's really different when you're with real friends. I felt like no time has passed that we were apart, it's like a pause and play. We still all get each other and basically had a blast being just ourselves. I hope we get to do this again, [Davao daw next year? XD] but I'm just happy that we were able to get together. I had a blast and am again recharged to face my not so eventful life.
Thank you for the laughs, fun and serious moments, Chicas. See you soon!







0 comments:
Post a Comment