Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why The Title?

I think it's only proper for me start a blog off by telling my readers what it will be about and why am I taking up their precious band width.

Of Black Clouds and Not Only Silver Linings is the documentation of my everyday existence. It will be a personal blog and above all I'm hoping this would help me look at things in my life in a different light. I'm under a giant black cloud right now, and I hope to note not only the things about the rain but the moments where I see silver and whatever other colored linings are behind these clouds.

If you know what I mean, then I hope you continue to join me as I try to change my perspective on things that I experience. If not, well, maybe you'll also enjoy the randomness of a person that I am. I will try to be an  interesting human but I will not promise to be your clown. [I never liked clowns in the first place.]

Yes, it will not be an emo blog [I'd take myself off the internet before that happens, I promise you.] but it would not be devoid of the serious things which is a part of life.

So why the title?

Well, I'm a Dream Theater girl. I grew up with the music and the band has taught me a lot. Despite the fact that haven't been much of a devoted fan over the past couple of years, they still remain in my system. My first blog was entitled Scenes From My Memory which was a tribute to my favorite album from DT. [The story of why I closed it down will be for another day] The second one I was planning to put up but never had the time to would have been A Change of Seasons. Why did that never take off? I blame college taking up too much time. Of Black Clouds and Not Only Silver Linings is attributed to DT's album Of Black Clouds and Silver Linings. [which by the way, I have not listened too but the title really struck me.]

Why had I chosen to attribute a blog to an album I have not heard? It's because I feel that my life is in limbo right now and is very uncertain, just as not knowing what the album is about. Like I said earlier, my life is a big black cloud right now.

Why 'Not only' silver linings? I don't think the only linings there are in life are silver. There are other colors that can represent the short reprieves from the serious side of life.

Welcome to Of Black Clouds and Not Only Silver Linings. I hope you are not bored yet.

Additional information you should know:

Black Clouds - rant, bad days
Silver linings - for those moments that gives me hope

On the linings:
Red linings - Love
Blue linings - travel, events
Green linings - cash, income or work, school [you know, the relatively serious stuff]
Yellow linings - randomness
Orange linings - opinions, reviews
Purple linings - friends, hanging out, me

0 comments: