Thursday, June 10, 2010

Great, Good and Bad News

A lot of things are new as of today. I personally always want good news first. [Yeap, I'm not that stereo typical nice girl that always wants happy endings. Doesn't this line come from a movie somewhere?]

Anyway, the great news is I just signed my contract with my new company. [Yes, I've already done my jumping up and down.] I'm super excited to start working again. I'm currently completing my pre-employment requirements. [I'm nearly done actually.]

I went about today to the different government agencies to get my requirements done. I stopped by the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) to get my NBI Clearance. It just happens that in the city I am located in the NBI offices are currently missing. So, I had to head to a neighboring city. The process was relatively less harsh than I thought. [Or I'm just a veteran of pila sa init or queuing in the heat as is with my Alma Mater.] The sad thing is with a name as complicated and as long as mine, I'd still get a namesake! *shocking*

I have to wait a week to get the clearance. Gah!

This couldn't get my spirits down still. I'm still very thankful for all those who prayed for me and for the work that I now have.

The good news is I present to you:

 
President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III 

and

Vice President Jejomar Binay

They are the new leaders of our country. I hope that they both lead well. I am glad with the turnout of the election on the national level[Yes, I do feel a bit sad for Mar Roxas, he sacrificed so much for this year. Good things will come to you, Mar.]

To the President: I hope you do not let us down. Those of us who campaigned, trusted, supported and voted for you. May you lead with wisdom and may you be the change and not merely be a symbol for change in our country.

On Baguio politics: I don't have much to say. It's out with the new and in with the old. [Can't blame Baguio, the new didn't do as well as we hoped.]

The bad news is that there was a fire at UP! This I found out just now and it was all over the social networks I frequent.
A fire of undetermined origin razed the Palma Hall Pavilion II of the University of the Philippines in Diliman, which houses the university’s chemistry laboratories, close to midnight Wednesday... more
OMG, the laboratories! *flashback to undergrad classes at Palma and ChemPav* UP will get through this. I know so.  *sings: matatapang, matatalino, di patalo kahit kanino...*

Anyway, over all, it's been good lately.

1 comments:

Xon said...

Congrats!

NBI clearance was hell for us too. =(( SSS is x100000000 easier.

And I feel sad that Mar lost. =/ 3 million null votes, such a waste. =((