Sunday, May 2, 2010

Turning In Two a Girl

Last April 23 marks my second year as a girl. *applause*

Wait! Don't get me wrong. I have always been a bona fide biological female. [I have proof! :P ] Though, I've only turned into a girl right about two years ago.

It started out with a simple exchange of texts between me and Arckham. Friendly dates happened too. An incident involving my laptop and his anti-virus. Then there were taking chances. Then a decision of a lifetime was made. Then there were lots [and I mean LOTS] of trials that came our way.

It's been two years that I have experienced the love, support, understanding and acceptance that I have waited 19 years for. [For these I thank you, Miracle.] 

I also learned a lot about myself.

Prior to two years ago, I was a boy. [Ask anybody I know.] I played online games, got into brawls [before I entered college that is], trash talked like a boy, hung out with guys more often than girls, tinkered with cars, and I most definitely dressed like a boy too. [The complete set of shirt, rubber shoes and jeans.] Yes, I still got my fair share of suitors prior and more than enought crushes, but I was still in essence a guy. [I played DOTA and trash talked like the best of them too.]

One of Arckham's pride and joy is that I give him credit for "turning me into a girl". I now choose my outfits with earnest instead of randomly pulling shirts out like I used too. I am relatively conservative in style. I wear earrings and accessorize now. I also am learning what the different girl's shoes are called. I'm not as lost in the female section as I was anymore. [Can you imagine what my office attire would be had I not turned into a girl?]

I'm not saying that these traits I've picked up are in essence what makes me a girl. I've also learned to be more patient, understanding and more... motherly. I learned to care most of all. About the way I carry myself, talk, move, dress and how I relate with others. Most importantly, I learned to love and be loved.

So here's to all the skirts, shorts and tops I own and to two years of holding on and growing for the better.


I'm looking forward to more years to come. As I continue to be a girl and a girlfriend.[then hopefully a wife.*wink*]

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Miracle! Let's keep holding on.

0 comments: