Monday, April 18, 2011

On An OSM Weekend

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've had a weekend off. [Yes, I've been on split offs which I really don't like, I don't really get any rest that way] So anyway, I've just had a weekend off and it was awesome. Allow me to share teh awesomeness.

I had a full Saturday with three stops to cover:

Summer Komikon 2011:
My first stop was Summer Komikon 2011 which was held in Bayanihan Center, Pasig:
It's a local convention that primarily showcases local comic book publishers and artists both the veterans and the up and coming comic artists. I primarily went there to meet Budjette Tan the creator of Trese. [Indeed, I went to fan girl] 
Of course, I also was able to get a reading and met Taga-ilog and Memer both of which used to work on Culture Crash together. [Thanks for introducing me to Culture Crash, Arckham.] 
Paul&Joe Sale

Next stop was Makati, where I went to help a friend by attending one of the events his company had. I would just like to say that having uber cool friends are fun. P got me to get a lot of stuff which I essentially need and am happy about. [Yes, I fan this brand.]
I like it cause it really goes well with my skin and it takes care of it at the same time as well. I also got to meet lots of cool people at the event too. Btw, here's their adorable site
The Script
The highlight of the day was The Script Live in Manila. The show was definitely the bomb! The audience and stage energy was very good. Kudos to The Script.
I was able to meet up with friends from Baguio as well. This was the ultimate cool. Next year, I want to be in Patron with my siblings and J's siblings with N as well. Let's make it a date. [R, my dear apprentice, I really wish you were there.]
Of course, I can't leave you without a piece of their music.




As for Sunday, I finally had a full day's rest. I hope to have more weekends like this. How was your weekend?

0 comments: